Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And so it begins

This is hopefully going to be devoted to my forced internment with the "META-MORE-PHOSIS: An 8 Week Online Personal Development Journey" by Doug Hanson.

I won't say what company is forcing me to do it, but the program has been "customized" for us, whatever that means. I will say that I don't appreciate my company telling me a I need to be "a better person". It's not just me, everyone in the company "has been chosen to participate". YES! Thank Goodness, I didn't even know I was in the running, it was just an honor to be nominated to become a better person, but to win, wow, thanks.

I don't really go in for this mumbo jumbo, self-help for a better corporate you things. It's like trust falls and energy circles and all the other Theater 101 games they get you to do in a half ballroom at the Ramada. I guess the goal is to make the employee happier and thus more productive to make the company more money. In reality, it's just another hour of my week that I have taken away by mindless drivel from a corporate office that neither knows nor cares what really goes on out in the real world.

So we'll see... we will see. Off to be brainwashed... what kind of butterfly will I be when I grow up?

No comments: